Chief Master Sergeant Thomas F. Good is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for Twentieth Air Force (20 AF), Francis E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyoming. Twentieth Air Force is responsible for the nation’s Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile force, organized into three combat missile wings and one air base wing, with more than 11,000 assigned Airmen. The mission of 20 AF is to prepare the Nation’s ICBM force to execute safe, secure and effective nuclear strike operations and serve as the portal for all
Priority Level 1 assets entering and leaving U.S. Air Force custody, all in support of worldwide combatant commander requirements. Chief Good is the commander’s primary advisor on the mission effectiveness, professional development, mission readiness, training, utilization, health, morale and welfare of over 7,300 enlisted personnel.
Chief Good entered the Air Force in March 1990. His background includes various duties in the Intelligence career field as well as special duty assignments as a Military Training Instructor and Deputy Inspector General. He has been stationed at locations in Texas, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Maryland, United Kingdom, the Republic of Korea, Africa, and Qatar. Chief Good has deployed in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, Freedom’s Sentinel, and Inherent Resolve. Serving at the Squadron, Group, Wing, and Combatant Command levels.
1995 Airman Leadership School, Lackland AFB, Texas
1995 U.S. Army Master Fitness Instructor School, Fort Knox, Ky.
1999 Academic Instructor School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Associate of Applied Science degree in Instructor Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2001 Air Education and Training Command Teaching Practicum, Lackland AFB, Texas
2001 Associate of Applied Science degree in Education and Training, Wayland Baptist University, Texas
2004 Associate of Applied Science degree in Communications, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Bachelor of Science in Occupational Education, Wayland Baptist University, Texas
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun AB, Germany
2008 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter AFB, Ala.
2009 Department of Defense Inspector General Course, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, National Defense University (correspondence)
2010 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2010 Joint Services Warrant Officer Course, Defense Academy of the United Kingdom, Shrivenham, England
2011 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2012 Master of Science in Intelligence Studies, concentration in Middle Eastern Studies, American Military University
2014 Executive Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler Business School
2015 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, North Carolina
2015 Middle Eastern Studies Seminar, Alan L. Freed, Washington D.C.
2016 NUC 200, Nuclear Fundamentals, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Level II, National Defense University (correspondence)
2018 KEYSTONE Command Senior Leader Course, National Defense University, Washington D.C.
1. March 1990 - April 1990, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. April 1990 - August 1990, Student, Technical Training School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. August 1990 - January 1994, Financial Services Technician, 2854th Air Base Group, Tinker AFB, Okla.
4. January 1994 - November 1996, Military Training Instructor, 737th Training Support Squadron, Lackland
5. November 1996 - November 1998, NCOIC, Separations and Retirements, 4th Fighter Wing, Seymour
Johnson AFB, N.C. (August 1998 - November 1998 Paying and Collection agent, Amman, Jordan)
6. November 1998 - March 2002, Military Training Instructor, 37th Training Group, Lackland AFB, Texas
7. March 2002 - September 2002, Student, Intelligence Applications, 315th Training Squadron, Goodfellow
8. September 2002 - November 2003, NCOIC, Intelligence Operations, 7th Operations Support Squadron,
Dyess AFB, Texas (January 2003 - April 2003, NCOIC, Combat Intelligence Cell, 9th Expeditionary
Bomb Squadron, Andersen AFB, Guam)
9. November 2003 - November 2004, Superintendent, Intelligence Flight, 8th Operations Support Squadron,
Kunsan AB, Korea
10. November 2004 - August 2007, Superintendent, Intelligence Flight, 48th Operations Support Squadron,
RAF Lakenheath, England (September 2006 - January 2007, Superintendent, Intelligence Flight, 379th
Expeditionary Operations Support Squadron, Al Udeid, Qatar) (August 2007- February 2008, Senior
NCOIC, C2 Support, Multi-National Forces-Iraq, Baghdad, Iraq)
11. February 2008 - May 2008, Superintendent, Intelligence Flight, 48th Operations Support Squadron,
RAF Lakenheath, England
12. May 2008 - January 2009, Deputy Inspector General, 48th Fighter Wing, RAF Lakenheath, England
13. January 2009 - March 2010, Senior Enlisted Leader, Intelligence and Knowledge Development-
Molesworth, United States Africa Command, RAF Molesworth, England
14. March 2010 - June 2011, Commandant, Military Intelligence Noncommissioned Officer Course-Africa,
United States Africa Command, RAF Molesworth, England
15. June 2011 - March 2013, Squadron Superintendent, 22d Intelligence Squadron, Fort George G. Meade,
Md. (August 2012 - March 2013, Senior Enlisted Leader, Deputy Chief Of Staff for Intelligence, CJ2,
International Security Assistance Force Headquarters, Kabul, Afghanistan)
16. March 2013 - February 2014, Group Superintendent, 659th Intelligence, Surveillance and
Reconnaissance Group, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
17. February 2014 – May 2015, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
18. June 2015 – June 2017, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Udeid AB,
19. June 2017 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 20th Air Force, F. E. Warren AFB, Wyo
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
1990 and 1991 Airman of the Year, Oklahoma City-Air Logistics Center, Financial Services, Tinker AFB, Okla.
1994 Instructor Excellence Award, Military Instructor School
1995 Military Citizenship Award, Airman Leadership School
1995 Airman of the Year, 737th Training Recruit Squadron
2000 Master Military Training Instructor, Air Education and Training Command
2002 Honor Graduate, Intelligence Application Course, Air Education and Training Command
2004 Air Force Intelligence Awards Program, NCO of the Year, 7th Air Force, Korea
2004 Lance P. Sijan Award, NCO Category, 7th Air Force, Korea
2005 Lance P. Sijan Award, SNCO Category, 48th Fighter Wing, RAF Lakenheath, England
2005 and 2007 Air Force Intelligence Surveillance, Reconnaissance Awards Program, SNCO of the Year,
48th Fighter Wing RAF Lakenheath, England
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant – 1 November 2011
(Current as of January 2019)