CMSgt. Adam B. Gonyo is the Chief Enlisted Manager, 582d Helicopter Group, Francis E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyoming. He is a qualified UH-1N Instructor Flight Engineer and is the senior enlisted advisor to a group with over 250 active duty and Total Force Airmen in four squadrons located across three installations – Francis E. Warren AFB, Wyoming; Minot AFB, North Dakota; and Malmstrom AFB, Montanna. The 582d Helicopter Group operates 25 UH-1N helicopters and provides armed aerial security for the nation’s arsenal of 450 intercontinental ballistic missiles.
CMSgt. Gonyo is from Richmond, Virginia, and entered the Air Force in July 1993. Initially assigned to the vehicle maintenance career field, he transitioned to the helicopter operations community in 2000 as an HH-60G Pavehawk Flight Engineer. Prior to assuming his current position, he was the Special Missions Aviator Functional Manager at the Air Force District of Washington and the command’s UH-1N Evaluator Flight Engineer.
1997 Airman Leadership School, Royal Ai rForce Lakenheath, United Kingdom
2005 Associate of Applied Science degree in Vehicle Maintenance, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Associate of Applied Science degree in Aviation Operations, Community College of the Air Force
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M.
2010 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Kadena Air Base, Japan
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2017 Bachelor of Science degree in Workforce Education & Development, Southern Illinois University
1. July 1993 – September 1993, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. September 1993 – December 1993, student, General Purpose Vehicle Maintenance Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. January 1994 – January 1995, General Purpose Vehicle Mechanic, 51st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Osan AB, South Korea
4. January 1995 – November 1996, General Purpose Vehicle Mechanic, 726th Air Control Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
5. June 1996 – May 2000, General Purpose Vehicle Mechanic, 48th Logistics Readiness Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
6. May 2000 – July 2005, Flight Chief/Evaluator Flight Engineer, 66th Rescue Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
7. July 2005 – June 2008, HH-60G Student Resource Manager/Evaluator Flight Engineer, 512th Rescue Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
8. June 2008 – July 2009, HH-60G Program Manager/Evaluator Flight Engineer, 58th Training Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
9. July 2009 – December 2010, Flight Chief, 33d Rescue Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
10. December 2010 – September 2013, Squadron Superintendent, 1st Helicopter Squadron, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
11. September 2013 – May 2017, Special Missions Aviator Functional Manager/Command Evaluator, Air Force District of Washington, JB Andrews, Md.
12. May 2017 – Present, Chief Enlisted Manager, 582d Helicopter Group, Francis E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
Rating: Chief Enlisted Aircrew
Flight hours: More than 3,400 including more than 230 combat hours
Aircraft flown: HH-60G and UH-1N
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Air Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Aerial Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
2006 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2007 Rotary Wing Instructor Flight Engineer of the Year, 19th Air Force
2010 Enlisted Supervisor of the Year, 18th Wing
2010 Red Erwin Senior Noncommisioned Officer Enlisted Aviator of the Year, Pacific Air Forces Command
2013 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, Air Force District of Washington/A3 Directorate
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant, May 1, 2017
(Current as of August 2017)