Col. Christopher C. Richardson is the Deputy Commander, Twentieth Air Force, F.E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyoming. As a numbered air force for Air Force Global Strike Command, Twentieth Air Force is responsible for operating, maintaining, securing and supporting the Air Force's intercontinental ballistic missile force. Organized into three operational missile wings, one nuclear operations support wing and one geographically separated helicopter unit, the command is responsible for over 12,000 Airmen. As deputy commander, Col. Richardson serves as the designated successor and principal advisor to the commander, Twentieth Air Force.
Col. Richardson entered the Air Force in 2000 after receiving his Bachelor of Arts and commission from Angelo State University, San Angelo, Texas. Col. Richardson is a command pilot with more than 1,950 flying hours in the T-37, UH-1H Iroquois, MH-53J/M Pave Low, HH-60G Pave Hawk, HH-60W Jolly Green II and HC-130J Combat King II. His flying assignments include Hurlburt Field, Florida; Nellis AFB, Nevada; and Moody AFB, Georgia. He has deployed multiple times in support of combat operations in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and the horn of Africa. Prior to his current position, the colonel served as commander, 347th Rescue Group, Moody AFB.
2000 Bachelor of Arts, Government, Angelo State University, San Angelo, Texas
2007 U.S. Air Force Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2009 Master of Business Administration, Trident University International, Cypress, Calif.
2012 U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2019 Master of Arts, National Security & Strategic Studies, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
1. October 2000 – October 2001, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 84th Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas
2. November 2001 – June 2002, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training-Helicopter, 23rd Flying Training Squadron, Fort Rucker, Ala.
3. July 2002 – June 2003, Student, MH-53J Pave Low Initial Qualification Training, 551st Special Operations Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
4. July 2003 – June 2007, MH-53J/M Pave Low Aircraft Commander, 20th Special Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
5. July 2007 – May 2011, HH-60G Pave Hawk Instructor Pilot, 66th Rescue Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
6. June 2011 – June 2012, Intermediate Development Education Student, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
7. July 2012 – July 2014, Staff Officer, Joint Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, N.C.
8. August 2014 – June 2016, Director of Operations, 41st Rescue Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
9. July 2016 – June 2018, Commander, 41st Rescue Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
10. July 2018 – June 2019, Senior Development Education Student, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
11. July 2019 – May 2021, Deputy Team Chief, Deployable Training Division, Joint Staff J7, Suffolk, Va.
12. May 2021 – July 2023, Commander, 347th Rescue Group, Moody AFB, Ga.
13. July 2023 – Present, Deputy Commander, 20th Air Force, F. E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 1,950 including more than 460 combat hours
Aircraft flown: T-37, UH-1H, MH-53J/M, HH-60G/W, HC-130J
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with ten oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Combat Action Medal
(Current as of August 2023)