Chief Master Sgt. Rodolfo Gamez Jr. is the Command Chief Master Sergeant of Twentieth Air Force, F.E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyoming. Twentieth Air Force is responsible for the nation’s Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile force, organized into three combat missile wings and one air base wing, with more than 12,000 assigned Airmen. Chief Gamez is the Twentieth Air Force commander’s primary advisor on mission effectiveness, professional development, mission readiness, training, utilization, health, morale and welfare of over 7,300 enlisted personnel.
Chief Gamez grew up in Chicago, Illinois, and entered the Air Force in June 1994. He graduated from the Computer Systems Operations course at Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi, in December 1994. His background includes various duties in communications, information, and cyberspace operations at the unit, forward operating agency, combined and national levels. During his career, he has served in a myriad of capacities spanning Cyberspace, Nuclear Command & Control, Intelligence, Space and expeditionary communications, outside-the- wire operations, and in roles such as senior enlisted leaders, chief enlisted manager, superintendent, and additional duty First Sergeant. He has deployed in support of Operations JOINT ENDEAVOR, JOINT FORGE, ALLIED FORCE, NORTHERN WATCH, IRAQI FREEDOM, and ENDURING FREEDOM.
Prior to assuming his current position, Chief Gamez served as the Senior Enlisted Advisor for Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR), and Cyber Effects Operations (CEO), Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Virginia. In this capacity, he led seven directorates comprised of over 400 total force personnel, and supports a 73,000-person intelligence and cyber operations enterprise with a portfolio valued at $72 billion across the Air Force.
1994 Information Computer Systems Operator Course, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss. 2000 Airman Leadership School, Kapaun Air Station, Germany
2003 Associates of Applied Science, Information Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force 2007 Air Force Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Robins AFB, Ga.
2010 Certified Information Systems Security Professional, International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium
2010 Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2012 Bachelor of Science, Information Technology Management, Trident University International, Cypress, Calif. 2014 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2016 Executive Cyber 400, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington D.C. 2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ga.
2019 Enterprise Perspective Seminar – Africa, Allen L. Freed Assoc., Washington D.C.
2019 Enterprise Perspective Seminar- North Korea/China/Russia, Allen L. Freed Assoc., Washington D.C. 2021 Enterprise Leadership Seminar – Kenan Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2022 Enterprise Perspective Seminar - Allen L. Freed Assoc., Washington D.C. 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Certification - Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y.
- December 1994 – September 1998, Systems Technician, Royal Air Force Croughton, United Kingdom
- September 1998 – November 2004, Noncommissioned Officer In Charge, Network Special Maintenance Team, Detachment 1, Kapaun Air Station, Germany
- November 2004 – March 2008, Section Chief, Network Operations, 52nd Combat Communications Squadron, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
- March 2008 – July 2010, Manager, SCI Assessments & Authorizations, A6 Directorate, Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
- July 2010 – October 2011, Chief of Plans & Projects, North Atlantic Treaty Organization Training Mission – Afghanistan, Kabul, Afghanistan
- October 2011 – May 2013, Superintendent, Security Operations Division, A6 Directorate, Air Force ISR Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
- May 2013 – March 2014, Superintendent, Combat Operations Division, AFCYBER/624th Operation Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
- March 2014 – April 2015, Senior Enlisted Leader, United States Nuclear Command & Control System Support Staff, Falls Church, Va.
- April 2015 – August 2016, Senior Enlisted Leader, United States Cyber Command, J7 Force Development & Air Force Element, Fort Meade, Md.
- August 2016 – June 2017, Senior Enlisted Leader, United States Cyber Command, J3 Operations & Air Force Element, Fort Meade, Md.
- June 2017 – October 2019, Superintendent, 21st Operations Group, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
- Oct 2019 – July 2020 Command Chief 305th Air Mobility Wing, Air Mobility Command, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
- July 2021 – June 2022 Senior Enlisted Advisor, Intelligence Surveillance, & Reconnaissance and Cyber Effect Operations, Headquarters United States Air Force, The Pentagon, Washington D.C.
- June 2022 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 20th Air Force, F. E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf cluster
(CURRENT AS OF JULY 2022)